My daughter has been sneaking spoonfuls of this Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting from the fridge all week, and I can't even get mad. It's SO GOOD. I really (truly and sincerely) hope you're not thoroughly sick of my PUMPKINEVERYTHING posts yet, because I'm only just getting started. This is my favorite (favorite favorite) food season of the year and I could just gleefully live off of pumpkin foods, and soups, and chilis for ever and ever, amen. Okay, maybe I'd like some Thai curry every now and again, but mostly, I'd be perfectly happy (and probably round) as a pumpkin.
This Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting whips up in about two minutes (literally. maybe less, even.), and keeps in the fridge for as long as your cream cheese and butter are good (so make sure to check the use-by dates and make a note of them on your jars). The recipe makes enough for one cake, and I'd like to personally recommend my Simple Pumpkin Spice Cake as the first thing you put it on. Unless you're gluten-free. In which case I propose you try the Flourless Pumpkin Spiced Mug Cake!
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting, Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting, Directions:
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer, whip together butter and cream cheese.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and powdered sugar, one half cup at a time. Beat until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator and ENJOY!
Shop for items useful or featured in this recipe!
- Kitchenaid stand mixer
- Electric handheld mixer
- Small mason jars
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice (if you don't want to make your own)
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Powdered sugar