Christmas bark is a salty and sweet combination of pretzels, chocolate and sprinkles perfect for any holiday party or treat tray!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
📌 Salty and sweet combination of flavors.
📌 Fun for you and the kids! Swirl the chocolate and use your favorite sprinkles!
📌 Quick and easy! Ready in just 30 minutes to chill and serve.
📌 Only three simple ingredients!
Christmas Bark Ingredients
- Pretzels – Mini pretzel twists.
- Candy melts – Green and red.
- Sprinkles – Holiday sprinkles of your choice.
How do you make Christmas chocolate bark? (step-by-step directions)
⭐ First, line a baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper and cover with a single layer of pretzels.
⭐ Next, melt the candy melts using your preferred method.
⭐ Then, pour the melted red chocolate over the pretzels and gently smooth it out. Drizzle the green chocolate on top of the red chocolate. Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the colors together.
⭐ Finally, top with sprinkles and allow to set. Once set, break bark into smaller pieces.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
Can you make Christmas bark ahead of time?
Yes, this can be made a day or two in advance and stored in an airtight container until ready to serve.
What kind of chocolate should I use for Christmas bark?
We like to use candy melts because of their bright color but you can also use white chocolate or almond bark and drop some food coloring in each bowl to create the red and green colored chocolate.
Storage and leftovers
How do you store Christmas bark?
After the chocolate is set and the pieces are broken apart, keep it in an airtight container for 3-5 days at room temperature. Because of the pretzels, we don’t recommend keeping these in the fridge.
Can you freeze this recipe?
We do not recommend freezing Christmas bark.
Tips and tricks
✅ Chill for quicker setting: Place the bark in the fridge or freezer to speed up the setting process. This will help the bark firm up more quickly. Only leave it for as long as it takes to set. If you leave it too long, it will “sweat” when removed as it comes back to room temp.
✅ Be cautious while melting chocolate: When microwaving the candy melts, heat it in 20 to 30-second increments and stir well between each session. This helps to prevent overheating and ensures even melting. Avoid overheating as it can cause the chocolate to seize or become grainy.
✅ Spread the chocolate evenly: Use a spatula or the back of a large spoon to spread the melted chocolate onto the prepared sheet. Aim for a thickness of about ¼ inch for a balanced bark texture.
✅ Add more toppings: M&Ms, marshmallows, nuts, coconut flakes, or even popcorn!
✅ Slice or break into pieces: Once the bark is set, use a warm sharp knife to cut it or simply break it into irregular pieces using your hands.
Frequently asked questions
How far in advance can I make Christmas bark for a party?
The bark can be made several days in advance, as mentioned in the article. However, for the best texture and freshness, it’s recommended to make it no more than a week before your event.
Can I customize the flavors of the chocolate for the bark?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different chocolate flavors, such as mint chocolate, strawberry chocolate, or even flavored white chocolate, to add a unique twist to your Halloween bark.
What’s the best way to package Christmas bark as a gift or party favor?
You can package the bark in clear cellophane bags, small treat boxes, or decorative containers. Tie them with colorful ribbons and attach a decorative tag for a festive touch.
What to enjoy with Christmas bark (serving suggestions)
More awesome chocolate bark recipes
Other holiday treat tray favorites
- Martha Washington candy
- Almond clusters
- White chocolate covered Oreos
- No bake monster cookie bars
- Grinch brownies
- Chocolate peppermint cookies
- See all our favorite desserts!
Tools we love
- Glass casserole dish with lid – I love this dish, it can go from freezer to oven!
- Silicon baking mat – Nothing sticks to these, I swear by them!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Christmas Bark
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 12 ounces green candy melts
- 12 ounces red candy melts
- holiday sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet or 9x13" casserole dish with parchment paper and spread pretzels over it in a single layer. Melt each of the candy melt colors using your desired method (see next step).
- MELTING INSTRUCTIONS:Microwave: use a microwave safe bowl and heat candy melts in 20 second increments, stirring between heat cycles.Stovetop: melt candies over low heat, stirring constantly, remove from heat as soon as candies are melted; double boiler can be used if desired.Slow Cooker: add candy melts to oven safe dishes or a crock pot divider and place in slow cooker (mason jars work well for this); cover, set to low for 1 - 2 hours, stir before using. You can melt multiple colors at once using this method.
- Pour the red chocolate over the pretzels and smooth out, then dollop the green chocolate on top and use a knife or toothpick to create swirls throughout the chocolate. Top with sprinkles.
- Allow the bark to set completely, then break into pieces.NOTE: if using the refrigerator to set your bark, do not leave it in longer than about 15 minutes or it may sweat when taken out.
⭐Save This Recipe⭐ Send it to your email!
I consent to receive email from this site 💌
Click the button above to save this recipe!