If you’ve been reading this site for any length of time, you’ve probably noticed a running theme. Easy. Simple. No fuss. The fact of the matter is that I love to cook, but the reality is that I have four kids and so. much. to. do. So recipes that can be simplified? Will be simplified. One way that I have learned to cut down on cooking time without sacrificing flavor or quality is to have some ingredients prepared ahead of time. So, here’s how I always have Healthy Baked Chicken Breasts ready to eat, or ready to throw in another recipe!
Healthy Baked Chicken Breasts, Ready for the Freezer – Ingredients and Supplies:
- Chicken breasts
- Seasoning (I am addicted to the spice aisle, so I have dozens of prepared chicken seasonings, but if you’re not crazy like me then a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder works great!)
- Casserole dish(es)
- Freezer friendly storage tubs (choose tubs that will hold approximately the amount of chicken you will want for a single recipe or meal)
Healthy Baked Chicken Breasts, Ready for the Freezer – Directions:
- Place chicken it into the casserole dish(es). Pack them in, don’t worry if they are crowded, but do make sure they are in one single layer.
- Sprinkle with your choice of seasoning.
- Bake at 375 for approximately one hour. Check for doneness by cutting into the middle of one or two of the thickest pieces and making sure there is no pink.
- Allow chicken to rest in the casserole dish(es) for about fifteen minutes, then remove chicken and cut into pieces (keep in mind what you plan to use it for, and cut accordingly!)
- Throw cut chicken back into casserole dishes and toss with the chicken drippings (this will help it freeze better and keep from freezer burning).
- Pack tightly into freezer tubs, label with the item and the date and toss in the freezer! When you’re ready to use, just thaw in the fridge overnight or throw the tub in some warm water a few minutes before you’re ready to cook.