Strawberry pie made with fresh strawberries and a flaky pie crust is the perfect easy dessert recipe for your next get together!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Strawberry Pie Ingredients
- Pie crust – Make your own pie crust, or use a frozen or refrigerated pie crust from the market. You can also use graham cracker crust if you want to make a no-bake version.
- Cornstarch – For thickening.
- Sugar – White granulated.
- Water – Distilled, if you use tap water make sure it’s good quality and has no flavor.
- Jello – Strawberry flavor.
- Strawberries – You really want to use fresh strawberries whenever possible in this recipe, but frozen can be substituted in a pinch.
- Optional – Fresh whipping cream, vanilla ice cream, fresh basil, fresh mint.
How do you make strawberry pie with jello? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, prick the crust with a fork and bake the crust according to package or recipe directions. Allow to cool.
⭐ Then, in a small pot whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and water until smooth. Bring to a boil and simmer until it begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and whisk in the jello.
⭐ Next, set aside allow the mixture to cool. Slice strawberries in half and place in a large bowl. Toss the strawberries with the jello mixture.
⭐ Finally, pour everything into the cooled pie crust and place in fridge until set. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Can you make strawberry pie ahead of time?
Yes, this can be prepared about a day in advance. Much longer than that and you run the risk of the strawberries weeping a bit. It will still be delicious though!
Can you make strawberry pie with frozen strawberries?
Yes, you can. Allow the strawberries to thaw completely, then pat them dry with a clean cloth or paper towel before using. The strawberries won’t be as firm as if you had used fresh, but the flavor will still be on point.
How do I keep my crust from getting soggy?
First and foremost, make sure the gelatin mixture has cooled completely before adding your strawberries.
Pre-baking the pie crust completely will also help keep it from being soggy, but for an added layer of protection you can also brush an egg white wash over the crust during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Can I use graham cracker crust?
For sure! Make your own graham cracker crust or grab one from the market.
Leftovers and storage
How do you store leftover strawberry pie?
Leftovers should be kept in the refrigerator, ideally covered in foil or plastic wrap. They will keep 3 – 4 days.
Can you freeze strawberry pie?
It’s best when enjoyed fresh, but you can freeze it if need be. After the pie has set, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then again in foil. Keep in the freezer for 1 – 2 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Make it no-bake strawberry pie by using a pre-made graham cracker crust.
✅ Create a trendy basil strawberry pie by muddling in some fresh basil.
✅ Do the same with fresh mint for a fresh mint strawberry pie.
✅ Top with whipped cream or serve with vanilla ice cream to serve.
What to eat with fresh strawberry pie (serving suggestions)
More delicious pie recipes
Other strawberry recipes to try
- Homemade strawberry daiquiri
- Strawberry poke cake recipe
- Strawberry shortcake waffles
- Strawberry spinach salad
- No-churn strawberry ice cream
- See all our strawberry recipes!
Tools we love
- Pyrex glass pie plates – These are my favorite and I love giving them to friends learning how to bake!
- Baking beans pie weights – Use these to help the crust keep its shape.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Homemade Strawberry Pie
- 9 inch pie crust
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup sugar white, granulated
- 1 cup water
- 1 strawberry jello 3 ounce package
- 2 ½ pounds fresh strawberries
- Prick the crust with a fork and bake until golden brown, according to recipe or package instructions. Allow crust to cool completely.
- In a small pot on the stove top whisk together cornstarch, sugar and water, until smooth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat then whisk in the strawberry jello powder. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Slice your strawberries in half (or smaller if desired) and place in a large bowl. Combine the strawberry and cooled jello mixture. Pour mixture into baked crust, using a spatula to get everything out of the bowl.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours. Garnish as desired with whipped cream, mint or basil.
Click the button above to save this recipe!