This Red Wine Sauce on Steak Sliders recipe was developed for Collective Bias and advertiser. Mama Loves Food was compensated for time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CollectiveBias #FallMoments #WoodbridgeWine
Red Wine Sauce on Steak Sliders, Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons sweet onion, small chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup red wine (or more if you like a strong wine flavor)
- generous pinch of salt
- dash of cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in the same amount of water (use tapioca starch if you’re grain-free)
- For Sliders:
- 8 dinner rolls, halved and toasted
- thin sliced cooked steak, enough for 8 sliders (quality deli roast beef works great in a pinch!)
- optional: green onion for garnish
Red Wine Sauce on Steak Sliders, Directions:
- Over medium/low heat, saute onions and garlic in olive oil for several minutes until onions are translucent and mixture is very fragrant.
- Add water, bouillon, red wine, salt, and pepper. Simmer for several minutes.
- Strain out onions and garlic, then return sauce to the pan.
- Very slowly pour in dissolved cornstarch, stirring constantly. Simmer at least an additional 5 minutes, stirring to break up any clumps. Remove from heat.
- Assemble sliders and pour sauce over top.
- Serve and ENJOY!