This 'Candy Bar Stuffed Texas Sheet Cake' recipe was developed for Collective Bias, and Nestlé®. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #GameTimeMVP #CollectiveBias
If I've learned anything, it's that there are as many definitions for a Texas Sheet Cake as there are Texas cooks. And while, I'm only a Texas cook in the purely technical sense (born at Lackland Air Force Base!) - I do maintain an opinion. In our home a Texas Sheet Cake is just a chocolate cake baked on your biggest cookie sheet. And since we all know I'm not really a baker, I love to spice up my sheet cakes by using box cake mix and adding some yummy extras.
This month marks the end of college and professional football, but also the start of flag football season. Both very big events in my home - so we decided to throw a little party. I supplied the cake and dinner,our friends brought over a big salad and we enjoyed a celebratory dinner around the fire pit!
Candy Bar Stuffed Texas Sheet Cake, Ingredients:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, batter prepared per directions
- 16 ounces candy bar (with enough pieces reserved to use as "players")
- 1 can vanilla icing
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons green food coloring
Candy Bar Stuffed Texas Sheet Cake, Directions:
- Give your candy bars a gentle smash. Don't obliterate them, just break them down a bit. Then throw them into your prepared batter and mix well.
- Pour candy bar batter into a 13"x18" sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, until baked through.
- While the cake is cooling, pour sugar and food coloring into a bowl and mix until sugar is an appropriate shade of "field green."
- When cake is cooled, add a thin layer of vanilla icing, then pour on the green sugar and smooth over top.
- With an icing bag (or ziploc with the corner cut), use the remaining white icing to draw the field lines and mark your "players."
- Set up the field, and enjoy!
I ran to Walmart and grabbed hot dogs, the new Hot Pockets® Pepperoni Pizza with Garlic Buttery Seasoned Crust - 12 pack, cake mix, and Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis.