Our Breakfast Casserole Ham and Potato Breakfast Bake Recipe is a partnered effort with the National Pork Board, and would make the perfect addition to your holiday breakfast menu.
Since this is totally a full meal in a dish, you could also do what we did tonight (no, seriously), and fix it for dinner. We grabbed what was left from our Thanksgiving ham, put everything together and had a simple, delicious, and nutritious (easy!!!) weeknight meal.
Breakfast Casserole Ham and Potato Breakfast Bake Recipe, Ingredients:
- 2 cups ham (or other pork meat!), chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups shredded potato or hashbrown
- 1 cup sweet bell pepper (approximately one medium/small pepper), small chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese, divided in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Breakfast Casserole Ham and Potato Breakfast Bake Recipe, Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine sweet peppers, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and ham. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Add whisked eggs to vegetable bowl and stir. Incorporate potatoes, then 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Pour casserole mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 lightly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes, until cooked through and egg is set. If using a broiler safe dish, turn on broiler for 2 – 3 minutes to crisp and brown cheese.