This Easy Cranberry Upside-Down Cake is only two basic ingredients and is a beautiful and simple recipe for your holiday dinner menu.
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake with Vanilla Sugar Drizzle has been calling my name ever since I stumbled across this Cranberry Duff recipe a while back. Today my grumbly tummy got the better of me and I commenced scrounging our pantry for anything and everything that would work to create a cheater version.
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake with Vanilla Sugar Drizzle, Ingredients:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, batter prepared
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- optional glaze ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake with Vanilla Sugar Drizzle, Directions:
- Dump cranberry sauce into a bowl and give it a good mash (this is a great step for little helpers). You just want to break it up a bit so it’s not so can-shaped.
- Pour mashed cranberry sauce into baking pan and spread it about evenly. Do the same for the cake batter, right over top of the cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Place on a cooling rack.
- While the cake is taking a breather, make the glaze by combining milk, butter, and vanilla in a bowl or small cup. Pour slowly into the sugar, stirring constantly until desired consistency is reached. I like mine thick, but maybe you like a more drizzly drizzle? Now find your gaudiest of cake platters and ready it for a grand job. (i.e. rinse off the dust).
- Now, after loosening the edges of your cake with a knife, place the cake platter (or plate!) on top of the cake and do a little flippity floppity bippity boppity.
- Once things are all set right (I’ll give you a minute…) get all artsy dartsy and drizzle your shizzle. Er, I mean. Drizzle the vanilla sugar icing neatly (hah!) over top of the cake.
- And… ENJOY!