If you love hollandaise sauce but hate the hassle, you’re definitely going to want to pin this So Simple Hollandaise Sauce so you can make it again and again!
My children can sense when I’m about to do something that takes concentration or precision. Souffle in the oven? Let’s have an indoor parade! Threading a needle? How about we all jump up and down until the earth shakes?
It’s not just my kids, right? In any case, it would be futile to try and make hollandaise the traditional way. And besides all that, who has the time or energy. Not me. So this insanely easy hollaindaise sauce skips the whisking and instead uses one of my all time favorite kitchen gadgets, the immersion blender. You could totally use an counter top blender too, but the stick blender is just so easy. No muss, no fuss, almost no clean up. Major win in my book.
Anyhow, regardless of which blender type you use, this hollandaise sauce is fool proof and takes a grand total of about three minutes to whip together. And by whipping, of course, I mean pushing a button because, no. Just say no to the whisk.
So Simple Hollandaise Sauce, Ingredients:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I like about 1 1/2, but if you’re really into lemony hollandaise, go ahead and add 2!)
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
So Simple Hollandaise Sauce, Directions:
- Melt butter in microwave or on stove top (45 seconds was perfect for mine).
- Add mustard, lemon juice, and egg yolks to mixing cup/blender.
- Blend for a minute or so until it thickens and lightens up a bit.
- Slowly pour in butter as you continue to blend.
- Continue blending until sauce is emulsified and thickened to your liking.
- Drizzle over poached eggs, broiled fish, or roasted asparagus, and ENJOY!