These light, healthy Tasty Turkey Meatballs made with onions, carrots and mushrooms will fool you into thinking you're being naughty! SO yummy. (and easy!)
Tasty Turkey Meatball Ingredients:
- Lean ground turkey, 2 pounds
- One small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1Tbsp olive oil
Tasty Turkey Meatball Instructions:
- Saute onion, mushrooms, garlic, and carrots in olive oil for about 5 minutes (until carrots are soft and onions are translucent).
- Puree cooked onion, mushrooms, garlic and carrots in food processor.
- In a large bowl combine vegetable puree, ground turkey, eggs and bread crumbs. Knead with your hands until thoroughly mixed. Do not overknead.
- Form 30 meatballs on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 365 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until browned). Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Yields: 30 meatballs
Feeling like an overachiever? How about impressing the family by making your own sauce with this Slow Cooker Marinara Recipe.
And what's spaghettin and meatballs without garlic knots? Not to worry, these work up in just two minutes!