Making Chili Dogs for a Crowd or Chili Dog Casserole recipe is the perfect way to feed a group and still be able to enjoy the party! This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. #ClubTysonFFL
I have five kids. FIVE KIDS, yo! That means I've had a lot of practice cooking for a crowd. And this comes in super handy during football season when we love to host parties and have people over to eat. I talk about this a lot - but it's worth mentioning again and again - even though I love to cook and I love to have parties, what I don't love is being stuck in the kitchen for the entire time! So we've learned lots of ways to shortcut and prepare in advance to avoid that scenario.
This Chili Dogs for a Crowd or Chili Dog Casserole Recipe is one of my favorites in the fall. It's crazy easy to make and is a major crowd pleaser.
The awesome thing about this recipe is that it's perfect for homegating OR tailgating! If you're taking it with you to the game, just pop it in the oven right before you're ready to leave and then bring it in an insulated tote so the chili dogs stay nice and warm. Mmmmmm. So delicious and jam packed full of protein to keep you full of energy for your team all day long.
When I picked up our 24 pack of Ball Park® Franks from Sam's Club, I also grabbed a bag of Tyson Boneless Wyngz. They come in a 3 pound pack so it's perfect for a party or large family. We love the Buffalo Style and it's awesome that they're fully cooked, so you don't have to worry about checking internal temps while you're trying to enjoy spending time with friends!
Chili Dog Casserole Recipe, Ingredients:
- Equal number of hot dogs and buns (I like to use the slightly bigger sturdier buns for this as they stand up to the weight /volume/moisture of the ingredients better)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chili per hot dog
- 1/4 cup fine shredded cheese per hot dog
- optional: diced white or sweet yellow onion
Chili Dog Casserole Recipe, Directions:
- Grab a pan (or pans!) that will fit all your buns. Place buns side-by-side into pan(s).
- Tuck a hot dog into each bun.
- Pour chili over each dog, and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and everything is warmed through.
- Top with onion and enjoy!
You may also enjoy!