Bacon Wrapped Pineapple is the perfect appetizer recipe for your game day or holiday party!
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple is all the delicious parts of Hawaiian Pizza in one sweet little cube. We do a lot of weekend entertaining, so I’m always looking for a new tasty treat to try on my guests and these were a hit.
I totally cheated and bought pre-cubed pineapple from the market, so they came together in no time at all and I was able to enjoy time (and food!) with our friends! Serve them with other great appetizers like mango pineapple salsa, stuffed mushrooms, and spinach dip!
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Ingredients
- Pineapple, cubed – I like to cheat and buy the pre-cut pineapple from my grocery store’s produce section.
- Thick cut bacon, halved – Try a smoked bacon for extra flavor!
- Barbecue sauce – I typically just purchase whatever is on sale, but you can definitely influence the flavor of the dish by trying out different types of bbq sauces!
How Do You Make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
First, wrap each pineapple cube in a piece of bacon and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Then, baste the top of each cube with barbecue sauce.
Finally, bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
Can we talk about how much I love preparing bacon in the oven? It makes no mess and renders so beautifully. I’m personally a fan of thick cut bacon, but you could use whatever you prefer.
Thick cut takes a little longer to cook, but I’m thinking it’s worth the wait. You could do these on a stovetop, but I can’t imagine why you’d want to.
This recipe is so easy you can totally recruit your kids to help make it. Cut the bacon with a pair of kitchen shears and pick up a container of pre-diced pineapple. Put them to work while you enjoy a cocktail!
Pineapple adds the perfect amount of sweet to offset the deep saltiness of bacon. And then a little peppery barbecue sauce at the finish makes it really (really) hard to stop eating when you’ve had a reasonable amount.
Is there such thing as a reasonable amount of bacon wrapped food? Probably not.
More Appetizer Recipes
More Pineapple Recipes
- Pineapple Margarita
- Dole Whip Popsicles
- Frozen Pineapple Tea
- BBQ Pineapple Pulled Pork
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe
- See all our recipes with pineapple!
More Bacon Recipes
- Bacon in the Oven
- Bacon Wrapped Crackers
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Bacon Wrapped Pretzels
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Baking Sheet
- Bamboo Party Appetizer Forks
- Appetizer Plates with Wine Glass Holders
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- pineapple cubed (1/2" - 1" ish cubes)
- thick cut bacon halved
- barbecue sauce
- Wrap each pineapple cube in a piece of bacon and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- When all pineapple cubes are wrapped, baste the top of each cube with barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
- Enjoy while hot!