These light, healthy Tasty Turkey Meatballs made with onions, carrots and mushrooms will fool you into thinking you’re being naughty! SO yummy. (and easy!)
Tasty Turkey Meatball Ingredients:
- Lean ground turkey, 2 pounds
- One small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1Tbsp olive oil
Tasty Turkey Meatball Instructions:
- Saute onion, mushrooms, garlic, and carrots in olive oil for about 5
minutes (until carrots are soft and onions are translucent).
- Puree cooked onion, mushrooms, garlic and carrots in food processor.
- In a large bowl combine vegetable puree, ground turkey, eggs and bread
crumbs. Knead with your hands until thoroughly mixed. Do not overknead.
- Form 30 meatballs on a lined baking sheet. Bake
at 365 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until browned). Remove from oven and
allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Yields: 30 meatballs
Feeling like an overachiever? How about impressing the family by making your own sauce with this Slow Cooker Marinara Recipe.