This Double Chocolate Mint Chip Brownies recipe is a partnered campaign with Betty Crocker® - Mama Loves Food only partners with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #bakememories
Quite possibly the only seasonal flavor combination I like as much as pumpkin and spice is peppermint and chocolate. I hate to see ALL THINGS PUMPKIN season ushered out, but I am in no way sad to have CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT season snapping at its heels. I mean, the deep rich velvety flavor of chocolate counterposed with a bright zingy peppermint - it's quite possibly the ultimate holiday flavor combination.
I made these Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies to include in our packages of sweet treats that we hand out to neighbors and friends, but my kids begged me to hoard them for ourselves. I did still give most of the brownies out, but pilfered a few for the kids first. My six year old couldn't keep his nose out of our box and insisted "I just can't stop smelling how awesome they are!" And as usual, it's just a modified box mix -- because that's how I roll.
BONUS! Scroll toward the bottom and enter to win $10 cash via PayPal!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies, Ingredients:
- 1 package basic brownie mix, batter prepared per package instructions
- 1 cup chocolate mint baking chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional: crushed peppermint candy
Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies, Directions:
- Prepare brownie batter per package instructions. Mix in mint chips and semi sweet chips.
- Pour batter into a lined or grease baking dish, and back according to package directions. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy and ENJOY!
We ran to Winn-Dixie and picked up some Betty Crocker Delights Supreme Original Brownie Mix, along with the other ingredients. We skipped the extra pouch of syrup when preparing the batter, since we were adding our own goodies. Make sure to check out the digital coupon and great sale prices before you do your market run. You can also find more recipe ideas at the Betty Crocker 24 Days of Cookies website.
Sale 12/16 -12/22:
• Cake Mix - $1.00 off
• Traditional Brownies - $1.00 off
• Pouch Cookies (14-17 oz) – 2 for $4 with Bonus Fuel Perks
• Premium Brownies – 2 for $4 with Bonus Fuel Perks
Sale 12/1 – 12/31
• $0.75 off any 3 Betty Crocker products (digital coupon available the whole month of December)
BONUS! Scroll toward the bottom and enter to win $10 cash!