Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - this recipe is a simple but delicious way to make brownie mix better for your holiday baking!
Quite possibly the only seasonal flavor combination I like as much as pumpkin and spice is peppermint and chocolate. I hate to see ALL THINGS PUMPKIN season ushered out, but I am in no way sad to have CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT season snapping at its heels. I mean, the deep rich velvety flavor of chocolate counterposed with a bright zingy peppermint - it's quite possibly the ultimate holiday flavor combination.
I made these Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies to include in our packages of sweet treats that we hand out to neighbors and friends, but my kids begged me to hoard them for ourselves. I did still give most of the brownies out, but pilfered a few for the kids first. My six year old couldn't keep his nose out of our box and insisted "I just can't stop smelling how awesome they are!" And as usual, it's just a modified box mix -- because that's how I roll.
Shop our Amazon affilliate links for you brownie baking needs!
- Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- OXO Good Grips Plastic Brownie Spatula
- Baker's Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips
Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies, Ingredients:
- 1 package basic brownie mix, batter prepared per package instructions
- 1 cup chocolate mint baking chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional: crushed peppermint candy
Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies, Directions:
- Prepare brownie batter per package instructions. Mix in mint chips and semi sweet chips.
- Pour batter into a lined or grease baking dish, and back according to package directions. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy and ENJOY!
You may also enjoy: