What do you do when the calendar says "Back to School Season" but the weather report says "Heat Index of 105 with Tropical Storm brewing" --- you think I kid, but this is really my life. (Yes, it's okay to feel bad for me). Rather than mourn the fact that boots and sweater weather is months off (if it shows up at all), I did the next best thing and celebrated the season Florida style with a quick No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream.
This Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream is so easy to make and tastes like a creamy, light and fluffy pumpkin pie filling in ice cream form. I topped mine with a few sprinkles and some caramel magic shell and was in Autumn heaven. Some folks may suggest you simplify this recipe further by using pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice (and I won't come physically stop you), but I'm saying it now, this combination of spices much better. So, do what you will. So long as it's my way. (See what I did there?)
No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream, Ingredients:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream, Directions:
- In a bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form (I finally christened my new [to me] mixer!).
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk mixture until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a freezer safe container (I used a glass loaf pan), cover and freeze at least six hours.
originally published 08-28-15