My husband teases me because whenever we go to a restaurant, I always order the same things. But hey, I like what I like. One of my standbys is Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup. I love it. So, in anticipation needing comfort foods in the very near future – you know, what with the new baby coming and maybe possibly a little bit of cool weather, I made a big tasty batch of Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup Ingredients:
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic (I use jarred)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken stock (click here to learn how I make chicken stock)
- 12 ounces (about 6 cups) broccoli florets
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces (4 cups) half & half
Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup Directions:
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken stock and nutmeg and bring to a low boil.
- Add broccoli and carrots and cook until tender.
- Add cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Pour in half & half and continue to stir on medium/low heat until all ingredients are incorporated and soup is heated through, being careful not to boil.
- Serve and enjoy!